TPC is proud to announce that they are one of the title sponsors for Team Jill’s House for the Race Across America (RAAM).
What is Jill’s House? Parents caring for these special children are often overwhelmed by the demands of constant care and desperately need a break. In most cases, they cannot rely on babysitters or relatives due to the high level of expertise required. Jill’s House is one of the few places in the country where special needs children can stay overnight in a safe, fun environment while their families find the rest they need. Jill’s House welcomes families from all backgrounds, irrespective of religious beliefs or affiliations.
Jill’s House facts:
- Since its launch in 2010, more than 270,948 hours of rest and relief have been provided to weary parents through overnight programs and day camps.
- One Thousand families have started the intake process. There are hundreds of children on the waiting list, and a new family registers every day.
- Jill’s House staff consists of more than 90 full and part-time employees supplemented by an army of 1,000 active volunteers.
- Receiving no direct state or federal funding, Jill’s House was created and is maintained through individual donations and foundation grants.
- The majority of children who stay at Jill’s House are autistic, followed by children with Down’s syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities.
Team Jill’s House is dedicated in supporting Jill’s House through the RAAM. The race is 3000 miles and we will travel through 12 states, pass through 88 counties and 350 communities all in less than 8 days. For more information about Team Jill’s House.